S.T.A.R.S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S.T.A.R.S Endgame LS of Bismarck

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

old RPGs that must have played^^

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Faceless

Faceless

Dog

old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:42 pm

more gb/gbc stuff^^

1+2 are nice too

random in german...

the N64 version

<3 the theme in lol 4/8 bit

SaGa Fointer 1-2^^

Mystic Quest aka. Seiken Densetsu aka. Final Fantasy Adventure aka. SoM1
best title music of all GB games <3
Back to top Go down
Faceless

Faceless

Dog

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:35 pm

looks cool^^
Back to top Go down
Faceless

Faceless

Dog

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:27 pm

its also a PSone Game

Last edited by Faceless on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faceless

Faceless

Dog

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:29 pm

here a nice Site for several Game series, its a good base information about the games and there spinoffs.
http://hardcoregaming101.net/
Back to top Go down
Faceless

Faceless

Dog

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:50 am

Back to top Go down
Iridescence

Iridescence

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Shamian

Shamian

Pig

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:31 pm

awwww <3 <3 thanx for posting Iri!! i already forgot about this music... still the best RPG from Bioware!! they should go back to the roots and release a BG3 Surprised
Back to top Go down
Iridescence

Iridescence

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:47 am

I know ^^ It would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Korake

Korake

Snake

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:30 am

You might get what you wish for. This website popped up a few days ago, no reports on if its fake or legit yet afaik.

http://baldursgate.com/
Back to top Go down
Iridescence

Iridescence

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Trent Oster wrote on his twitter - ‏ "Hmm, 220,000 visitors to #baldursgate website in four days. I think this old game might still have some fans"

So there is definitely coming something x)
Back to top Go down
Faceless

Faceless

Dog

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:46 pm

if there comes a BG3, its published by EA, since "Black Isle" dont exist anymore, and only "Bioware" may have some last rigthts to it... so im scared what it will be...
maybe something like Dragon Age ligth whit 1000 DLCs the get a game time from 10hr in total ...
Back to top Go down
Shamian

Shamian

Pig

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:51 pm

as i know Atari still hold the rights for AD&D-> BUT Interplay and also Atari had the rights to release AD&D based Games back then which BG was one of those. After Black Isle Studios closed their gates the whole trademark "Baldur´s Gate" was transfered to Interplay.After Interplay becomes insolvent in 2004 they tossed some of their trademarks and their rights to Bethesda. Fallout was one of those. Years later Bethesda released Fallout3. It´s not sure if Bethesda has also got the rights on Baldur´s Gate now but its said that they dont have the rights on AD&D. Seems like its a secret or somethin cause Bethesda never posted an offical list or somethin where everyone could see what rights/trademarks they owned from Interplay. The problem now is that Bethesda dont have the rights to release games which are based on the AD&D Pen and Paper universe so they would not even be allowed to use the name "Baldur´s Gate" even if they have got all rights over the trademark Baldur´s Gate from Interplay. Only chance which seems possible is that Bethesda is gettin their hands on the rights to the AD&D universe then they would be able to freely use the name Baldur´s Gate OR Atari will get the rights from Bethesda about the Trademark Baldur´s Gate. As Baldur´s Gate is a stand alone trademark but ALSO a name from a city in the AD&D universe its really complicated xD

Another problem is that Atari is only releasin Games in North America atm since the financal clash in the year 2009 and tossed their European Studios to Namco Bandai <.<

EA was only publishin Dragon Age for Bioware, Microsoft was publishin Mass Effect for Bioware. In conclusion-> its impossible that a new BG would be published by EA cause EA dont hold the rights to AD&D (Pen and Paper) and dont hold the rights to Baldur´s Gate ! for sure ! edit: Bioware got the rights to release AD&D but not the rights for BG

Guess if they work on a new BG it would be programmed and designed by Bioware (but just because some of the old staff from Black Isle is workin there) and be released/published by Atari/Namco Bandai or Bethesda itself. If Bethesda manage to get their hands on the AD&D lincenze i´m sure Bioware would probably not even be included on a new BG Razz...... wow what a rightsTrademarkLicenceBullshit ._.
makes my head goin ape shit >.<;

Last edited by Shamian on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faceless

Faceless

Dog

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Bioware = EA´s pet ;P since 2009 or so
Ah and dont forget what happens to drakensang... Name license -.-
edit: lol people get affrait its a remake for IOs crap, since Infinity Engine apears in Sitecode of that wegsite.
Back to top Go down
Shamian

Shamian

Pig

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:51 pm

read the text face and check wiki.. Bioware doesnt have the rights on Baldur´s Gate and AD&D. After Black Isle was closed the rights for Baldur´s Gate were gone to Interplay. Interplay was holdin the rights for AD&D. After Interplay become insolvent the rights for the trademark Baldur´s Gate were tossed to Bethesda. The AD&D licence didnt.. the lincence died with Interplay which makes Atari/Namco the only Publisher which still have rights to release Games based on AD&D. The only reason why Bioware was involved in both of the Baldur´s Gate titles is the fact the Black ISle Studio was one of their Game Studio´s.

so not EA and not Bioware are allowed to release Baldur´s Gate or AD&D based Games.. doesnt matter if Bioware is a "pet" from EA.. and as to my knowledge-> the only Game which was Published under EA is Dragon Age <.<;
Mass Effect 1-3-> MS Game Studios
Star Wars Knights of the old Republic I &II-> Lucas Arts
Star Wars The old Republic MMORPg-> Lucas Arts
Fallout Brotherhood of Steel-> Bethesda
etc etc..

about Drakensang: lol face.. Drakensang is DSA not AD&D.... its a complete other licence.. if anyone would release Games without a licence it would rain law suits up their ass xD
so i guess if a new BG comes out it will come from Bethesda.. dont think Atari/Namco can handle it xD... Maybe Bethesda will get Bioware into the ship just because some of the main staff from the old BG titles are workin at Bioware.. EA is defenetly out of question

Last edited by Shamian on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faceless

Faceless

Dog

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:01 pm

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioWare

jetzt log in und werd stinkig mit mir
P.S.

ME1
Entwickler BioWare
Demiurge Studios (PC)
Publisher Microsoft (Xbox 360)
Electronic Arts (PC)
Erstveröffent-
lichung Xbox 360
20. November 2007
22. November 2007
21. November 2007
Windows PC
28. Mai 2008
5. Juni 2008[1]
Plattform(en) Xbox 360
PC (Windows XP, Windows Vista)

ME2
Entwickler BioWare
Publisher Electronic Arts
Erstveröffent-
lichung Xbox 360, Windows PC
26. Januar 2010
29. Januar 2010
28. Januar 2010[1]
Playstation 3[2]
18. Januar 2011[3]
21. Januar 2011[4]
20. Januar 2011[5]
Plattform(en) Xbox 360
Playstation 3
PC (Windows)

ME3
Developer(s) BioWare
Publisher(s) Electronic Arts
Director(s) Casey Hudson
Producer(s) Jesse Houston
Writer(s) Mac Walters (lead)[1]
More...[show]
Composer(s) Clint Mansell[3][4]
More...[show]
Series Mass Effect
Engine Unreal Engine 3
Platform(s) Microsoft Windows
PlayStation 3
Xbox 360
Release date(s) NA March 6, 2012[5]
AU March 8, 2012
EU March 9, 2012[6]
JP March 15, 2012
Back to top Go down
Faceless

Faceless

Dog

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:03 pm

oh about Drakensang Online, its not even DSA anymore
edit: Old Repiblic EA and Lucasarts
Back to top Go down
Shamian

Shamian

Pig

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:22 pm

anyway face Razz what does that has to do with Baldur´s Gate ? Not EA and not Bioware holding the rights for BG and AD&D^^
that was the reason why Bioware released Dragon Age.. They have the rights on AD&D but not for BG... guess Dragon age was planned as a BG3 but failed Razz

and sure Drankensang is DSA based check wiki lol..

PS: werd nich stinkig, geht ja im grunde nur darum, dass EA kein BG releasen kann und Bioware auch nicht und das ist fakt^^
Back to top Go down
Faceless

Faceless

Dog

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:39 pm

not the online game .... Big Point didnt got Licence, so they created a new world(a browsewrgame in 3D....)
and after Wiki bioware had AD&D for BG, Neverwinternigths(seperate BlackIsle to icewinds) on Wiki, so idk howfar who had full rigths...
but last bigger holder was Obsidan for the second parts, but they are somehow special anyway.
hey incase Obsidan is allowed to continuie, im happy, they make good games
Back to top Go down
Shamian

Shamian

Pig

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:51 pm

yea .. Bioware hold rights for AD&D but not for BG thats why i wrote "and".. they need to have both licence AD&D and BG to be able to make a new one... Obsidian would be also a hint that if there is a new BG in work it will be published by Bethesda. Obsidian was makin the last Fallout (new Vegas) for Bethesda and if you are right and Obsidian hold the rights to release AD&D based Games -> Bethesda (rights/licence for BG) Obsidian (rights/licence for AD&D)= NEW BG Surprised

that would be rly nice ^.^

btw: I´m rly sick of all this licence/rights shit,,, kinda like the same what happend to Gothic-> Risen-> Arcania-> WTF ._.*
Back to top Go down
Faceless

Faceless

Dog

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:00 pm

yea sux alot.... back to 16bit times, there been no big publisher needed, and studios could make more whit there own stuff^-^
and i dont gonna buy me ME3 in the futher.... missing story coz bs DLC and wtf, a IPhone game brings better(more easy) ending, comeone bad jokes overall....
Back to top Go down
Iridescence

Iridescence

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:58 pm

A countdown on the http://baldursgate.com/ site now :O
Back to top Go down
Iridescence

Iridescence

Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

Trent Oster on twitter writes: "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition is going to have new content for the game you love, made by some of the original team members"
Back to top Go down
Korake

Korake

Snake

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Fallout 1 is now avalible for free on gog.com to celebrate their new site design and added features.

Go get it while you still can ^^

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout
Back to top Go down
Faceless

Faceless

Dog

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Faceless

Faceless

Dog

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:10 pm

in eng. Pics are most nude lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: old RPGs that must have played^^   old RPGs that must have played^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

old RPGs that must have played^^
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
S.T.A.R.S :: Chillout Room-
Jump to: